Woodway Assisted Living Careers
Woodway Assisted Living offers a pleasant working environment where the care of our residents comes first! You will not only find a professional, caring work environment that will challenge you professionally, but also a rewarding career in which you help others.
Apply by downloading and filling out the employment application and reference forms, accessible by using the following link: Employment Application and Reference Form.
Call 360-647-1095 or apply in person at:
Woodway Assisted Living
1712 E. Maplewood Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
Click here for E-Verify information.
Click here for Employment Eligibility Notification download.
Current positions available:
DIRECTOR OF FOOD SERVICES
Woodway Assisted Living is currently recruiting for a seasoned Director of Food Services. The Director of Food Services is responsible for the development, planning, organization and directing of overall food service and dining programs. The Director of Food Services must ensure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis, that residents' food requests, needs and interests are met, and that the Food Services Department is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
1. Genuine concern for and ability to work with the elderly.
2. Knowledge of the requirements for providing nutrition standards to the elderly.
3. Knowledge of and ability to conform to:
• State/federal food service and sanitation regulations
• OSHA Standards
• Safe operation of kitchen appliances
• Special diets including: low sodium, diabetic, vegetarian, gluten free; and special diet textures and liquid viscosities
4. Ability to train, supervise, lead, and motivate people.
5. Must be able to utilize standard precaution knowledge and infection control measures where required.
6. Ability to delegate responsibility while maintaining oversight of daily activities and major projects.
7. Ability to manage and prioritize a large, complex workload.
8. Ability to make sound decisions when faced with ambiguous situations and to function effectively despite conflicting information.
9. Speech/language- must have strong command of the English language sufficient to read, write, and interpret menus, recipes, and food service/sanitation information.
10. Ability to work with superiors and within the parameters of corporate policies and procedures.
Minimum high school graduate, preferred two years of college specializing in culinary arts or nutrition. Required, current ServSafe certification and Food Handler's certificate. Preferred, completion of Manager's Food Safety Training and Certification.
Minimum two years experience as a chef/cook in either a health care setting or restaurant and a minimum of one year of supervisory or management experience preferred.
MED TECH—$15/hour with 2 years' experience
Woodway Assisted Living is seeking experienced individuals to assist our residents with Medication Administration. 2-years experience required. Must have an an HCA or CNA. The shifts are Full time, day and evenings and you must be able to work weekends. Clean drug screening and criminal background check are required before employment. Please apply in person at 1712 E Maplewood Ave in Bellingham during normal business hours; online at www.woodwayseniorliving.com; or via email at employment at woodwayseniorliving.com.
Woodway Assisted Living has immediate openings for energetic, self-motivated, dependable individuals to provide quality care for our residents. We currently have several weekday and weekend shifts available for caregivers. If you are looking for a "team-oriented" community with dedicated staff and have a passion for the elderly, please apply. Must be able to pass a criminal background check. Please apply in person at 1712 E Maplewood Ave in Bellingham during normal business hours; online at www.woodwayseniorliving.com; or via email at employment at woodwayseniorliving.com.